Blog 05: SwatchySwatch
Blog 05: SwatchySwatch
Wednesday, November 22, 2021
Derek McGannon
Inspiration
My inspiration behind my color swatches was found on campus in front of R.G. Wanek. I found a beautiful picture that encapsulates many different colors. I chose specifically to look at the water and the bricks on the path. As I looked closer and closer I noticed there were many different colors and tints in the photo, even within the same object. I could already tell there were so many possibilities from the myriad of blues to the earthy browns and reds.
Swatches
Name Plates
Using the 3 different hues and their tints I made three name plates. The text had a professional look with my name and a few of my titles (HPU Student | Eagle Scout | Pianist). I then made three different themes with the same color but with different tints. This proves the truth of the reading Contrast Contrast Contrast because I used the same color for each name plate but different tints for each section. True contrast according to the reading requires a difference in color or tint of the same color. The more white in a tint, the more contrast there is when juxtaposed with the original color.
The fill, name, and titles all were the same color but they are easily read because they are all different tints.
The fill, name, and titles all were the same color but they are easily read because they are all different tints.



Comments
Post a Comment